This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for the Competition Tribunal’s website www.comptrib.co.za
. This privacy notice applies to information submitted by you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
The use of information and sharing thereof
It must be noted that
- We only have access to information that you voluntarily provide to us via this website, email or other direct contact from you.
- We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, with regard to the reason you contacted us.
- Your information will only be provided to the person/s assigned to deal with your query.
- We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfil your request.
The Competition Tribunal makes use of web analytics which is the collection, analysis and reporting of data about website traffic and visits for purposes of understanding and optimizing website usage. Information in digital markers may be used for the purpose of website analytics to remember your online interactions with the Competition Tribunal’s website. When your computer requests a Competition Tribunal’s web page, website analytics collects the following types of information for web analytics.
Links to external websites
- The originating IP address
- The pages visited
- The operating system used
- The date, time and length of visit
- The type of internet browser used
- Country of access
This website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
We take precautions to protect the information you submit. Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. The computers/servers in which we store the information you submit are kept in a secure environment.